10/100/1000T (X) to Fiber Optic Gigabit Industrial Media Converters
- Provides 1 x 1000 Mbps Ethernet port with RJ45 connector
- Provides 1 x 1000 Mbps fiber port with SC or SFP (mini-GBIC) type connector for 1000Base-SX/LX device
- Provides DIP switch for full/half duplex setting
- Supports MDI/MDI-X auto crossover
- Supports Auto-Negotiation
- Supports redundant 12 ~ 48 VDC power input
- Provides flexible mounting: DIN-rail and Wall mount
- Provides Link Fault Pass-through (LFP)
- Jumbo Frame: 9K bytes
EKI-2741 is designed to convert Gigabit Ethernet networks to Gigabit fiber networks by transparently converting Ethernet signals to optic signals. Therefore, EKI-2741 is an ideal solution for “fiber to building” applications at central offices or local sites. EKI-2741 supports MDI/MDIX auto detection, so you don’t need to use crossover wires. Furthermore, the EKI-2741 accepts a wide voltage range from 12 ~ 48 VDC. Besides, it also provides 3,000 VDC surge (EFT) protection against over-voltage, so it is suitable for harsh operating environments.
EKI-2741 is an enhanced gigabit Ethernet to fiber optic converter. Aside from its standard features, the versatile EKI-2741 also has the LFP (Link Fault Pass-through) feature. When one side of the link fails, the other side continues transmitting packets, and waiting for a response that never arrives from the disconnected side. EKI-2741 will force the link to shut down as soon as noticed that the other link has failed, giving the application software a chance to react to the situation.